Aspen Historical Society seeks a Development Director, see details below and if you are interested is applying please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Aspen Historical Society
A 56-year-old nonprofit, AHS operates four historic sites (Wheeler/Stallard Museum, Holden/Marolt Mining and Ranching Museum, Ashcroft Ghost Town, and Independence Ghost Town), provides free history education for regional schools, and offers guided tours, programs, and community events year-round. AHS maintains one of the largest public archives in the region, with a portion of its collection available online as a free resource. Future major projects include the ski/snowboard history museum, which is planned as part of the Lift One base area redevelopment. AHS is beginning the planning stages for the museum and fundraising campaign.
The Development Director leads all donation-based funding programs with a strong focus on major gifts. Works closely with the President/CEO; oversees the day-to-day execution of the organization’s membership, grant program, corporate partnerships; and serves on organization’s management team. The Director will oversee the multimillion-dollar campaign for the ski/snowboard history museum at Lift One.
We seek a dedicated, friendly, and team-oriented person who is excited by working for a growing organization. We are looking for someone with community relationships who enjoys working with a diverse group of constituents. Our culture is collegial and creative with high professional standards. A passion for museums and history is a must.
Oversee day-to-day execution of fundraising activities: campaign, membership, special events, direct mail, web, grant proposal support, and database oversight. Provides general business and administrative support to President/CEO. Serves on organization’s management team with President/CEO, Marketing Director, Education Director, and Curator. Works with management team on executing engaging member and fundraising events.
- Provide a positive donor experience; while coordinating all functions of the Development Department and regularly meeting fundraising goals.
- Launch and oversee a successful multimillion-dollar ski/snowboard history museum campaign.
- Manage rolling membership, individual underwriting, and corporate sponsorships with corresponding benefits; while maintaining donor records, gift recording, acknowledgement, and reporting.
- Research and implement new donor software.
- Coordinate annual fund and membership drives with President/CEO and Marketing Director.
- Effectively steward new and existing supporters, building long-term relationships.
- Provide development support, coordinate, and attend all AHS Board of Trustee and Aspen Historic Parks and Recreation District meetings.
- Act as liaison and provide support to AHS Board of Trustees.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of AHS constituency.
- Write and manage the production of effective fundraising letters and materials.
- Plan and execute all fundraising special events, working collaboratively across departments to create a unified plan.
- Assist President/CEO with annual reviews/audits.
Four years development and/or campaign experience with a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited university. Knowledge and enthusiasm for history and museums. A self-starter who is very organized and likes detailed work. Must be good at working with people and conflict resolution. Discreet and sensitive to the confidentiality of the job. Outstanding writer and effective speaker. Willingness to work non-traditional hours for special events and cultivation meetings. Knowledge of donor database software (such as Past Perfect, Raiser’s Edge, or Neon) and marketing software (such as Constant Contact or MailChimp).
If you are interested is applying, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time salaried position reporting to President/CEO of Aspen Historical Society (AHS). AHS offers benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, and paid vacation. Additional benefits include continued education opportunities, like professional development conferences. AHS is an equal opportunity employer.